About Zytech: ZyTech Building Systems supplies top quality roof trusses, floor truss, floor joist systems, lumber/beam packages, wall and floor components, stairs, along with design and engineering services. Our team boasts top performers in customer service, design, production and delivery, a team that provides you with total quality assurance. On every project, our designers use engineer-approved software to thoroughly examine and design your building.
Safety Statement: ZyTech is committed to the protection of the health, safety and environment of people and communities involved with or impacted by its activities. All Zytech personnel adhere to and participate in the HSE policies of the company.
Location : Balzac, AB ( Near Cross Iron Mills )
Responsibilities: Reporting to the CFO, the Controller is responsible for the management of the Accounting department, developing, implementing and monitoring internal control systems, and the financial reporting of the company operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervising and managing invoicing, credit, collections, inventory, payroll and accounts payable personnel.
- Preparation of Branch financial statements and management reports.
- Financial statement and forecast preparation.
- Audit preparation and working with external auditors.
- Supporting the operations group by working closely with managers and shop employees to maintain and develop systems, procedures and controls to enhance performance and efficiencies.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets and control costs.
- Ensuring proper cost control by monitoring and investigating jobs in process, inventory count variances, analyzing job costs and profitability.
- Directing and monitoring the activities of the accounting department in local facility and liaison with other branch controllers.
Skills requirement includes:
- Completion of an Accounting Diploma or Degree.
- Min 7 years of CPA designation.
- Min 5 years of manufacturing cost accounting experience,
- Very strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated success in a similar role in a manufacturing environment with excellent knowledge of the inventory cycle.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel.
- Credit and collections experience – knowledge of builders liens and securitization would be an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Epicor BisTrack considered an asset.
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves approach.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete process improvements.
- Post CPA/ CGA / CMA/ CA: 7 years
- Accounting and Finance Management: 10 years
- Manufacturing Cost Accounting: 5 years
- Financial Controller: 5 years