Vice President of Finance
Due to the upcoming retirement of our current Vice President of Finance, Bilton Welding and Manufacturing Ltd. (Bilton) has an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned VP, Finance to join our dynamic and growing team in Innisfail AB.
This professional with strong business acumen will contribute to the continued success of our well-established manufacturing company. Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Finance will partner with the executive team and oversee accounting and finance, payroll, and general office operations.
- Participate as an open, engaged and committed member of the Executive Team in the development and execution of the corporate vision, strategy and product development objectives.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Create financial reports which analyze targets, project bids and sales growth.
- Substantiate development plans with cost analysis reporting.
- Secure and analyze financing requirements.
- Analyze and provide recommendations to the CEO and President on mergers and acquisitions.
- Participate in developing new business by assisting the CEO and President in identifying new financial opportunities, determining cost effectiveness of prospective projects.
- Work with the CEO to ensure success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual requirements.
- Manage the capital and operational budgeting processes.
- Coach Finance, Human Resources, IT and other staff on relevant financial matters and best business practices.
- Oversee all accounting, payables, receivables and payroll activity.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Ensure adequate insurance to meet the organization’s needs.
- Review legal contracts to mitigate risks.
- Optimize the handling of international bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to protect and enhance cash position.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections, for use by Executive management.
- Oversee the maintenance of book costs of capital and inventory.
- Hold a Professional Accounting designation.
- 5 years’ work experience as a Controller or Chief Financial Officer in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience having worked in an entrepreneurial, owner-managed organization
- Five to seven years of management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 100 employees.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team.
- Knowledge of current industry related trends and developments.
- The ability to evaluate business process plans and goals from a broad overview, while ensuring smaller details are managed.
- Extensive experience with standard costing.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
- Strategic leader.
- Customer and results focused; quality oriented.
- Creative and innovative thinking; adaptability/flexibility.
- Decision-making and judgment, strong problem-solving abilities.
- Mediating and negotiating.
- Time management; planning and organizing.
- Accountability and dependability.
- Strong ethics and integrity; enforcement of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Leadership, teamwork, coaching and mentoring.
- Development and continual learning.
- Advanced MS Microsoft excel skills
- Open-minded personality and innovative executive with strong communications and influencing skills.
- High standards of integrity.
Competition will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.