This position is responsible for maintaining financial records, including reconciling accounts and preparing financial statements. These duties would include, but not limited to, tracking funding, tracking and monitoring accounts receivable, reconciling bank statements and completing government reports. The Accountant also administers the agency benefits, including group RSP and supervises the Finance Assistant. The Accountant also provides support to the Directors and Senior Leadership Team.
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA)
- 5 – 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Advanced experience and skills in financial accounting and payroll
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Friendly, polite and professional demeanor
- Ability and willingness to work with others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of HR and agency information entrusted to the position
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Must be systems savvy with preference given to those with strong proficiency using ACCPAC/Sage 300, People@Work and Pay@Work
- Not for profit industry experience
- Business management experience
Compensation: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year with a competitive benefits package available upon successful completion of the probationary period.
To apply, submit a résumé with a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please include Accountant in the Subject Line of the email.
Safety and harmony in our community