Reporting to the Controller, this full time position will support the delivery of all aspects of the reporting process and special projects as necessary. While this role does not have direct leadership responsibilities, the successful candidate will be a senior member of the team and will be required to mentor junior team members as well as lead special projects as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Co-ordination and delivery of monthly financial reporting package and supplementary materials
- Discussion and analysis of financial impacts of new or complex transactions in conjunction with the team’s Accounting Policies;
- Participate as a senior member in a high-performing team that is producing results that align with VCA Canada’s vision, values and business strategies;
- Provide analysis and interpretation of accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability and performance against budget.
- Evaluate current processes and recommend process improvements.
- Coordinate and review annual budgets.
As an ideal candidate, your background and skill set will include:
- A post-secondary education and designated professional accountant (CPA).
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting procedures, exposure to US GAAP would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize, manage deliverables to budget and schedule, problem solve and make effective decisions.
- Outstanding relationship building capabilities and a collaborative working style - strong team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities
This person must be a self-starter, and a team player with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships while demonstrating a high level of cooperation and mutual respect.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their résumé to: is firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on who we are, what we do, Paw It Forward and opportunities with VCA, please visit us online at www.vcacanada.com
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.