Reporting to the Manager, Accounting - AgriBusiness, the Senior Financial Analyst - AgriBusiness plays a lead role on the AgriBusiness Finance team, coordinating month end, forecasting and budgeting activities. The role is responsible for developing financial models to support the analytical requirements of the team.
- Develop, prepare, analyze and reconcile monthly financial reports on sales, margins, operating expenses, working capital, fixed assets and other KPI’s.
- Work closely with operations and provide detailed analysis to support accruals for aged inventory provisions, customer discount coupons, work-in-process projects, and rebate recognition.
- Assist with the facilitation of the budget and forecasting processes. Create templates and challenge inputs to ensure realistic and consistent assumptions.
- Assist with capital requests, business cases and special projects. Determine key drivers and develop allocation methodologies for comprehensive financial models. Prepare fully integrated financial statements. Identify potential areas of risk and propose mitigation tactics.
- Work with operations and IT to enhance processes. Support the loading, extraction, manipulation, and interpretation of large data sets.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA – CA, CMA or CGA designation.
- More than 7 years of relevant work experience with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably in agriculture, retail or distribution environments.
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel: look-ups; pivot tables; macros).
- Experience in an ERP software, e.g. as SAP/BI; Hyperion.
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Superior organizational skills; ability to set priorities, and maintain multiple initiatives.
- Excellent listening, verbal/written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to form strong team-based relationships, including across business units with internal customers.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.