Program Manager, Budget Planning and Project Reporting
Do you want a seat at the table? To be at the forefront of ensuring good decision making? To help take a department from point A to Point B? Then this role is for you.
We are actively seeking an individual passionate about how budgets link an organization’s strategic plan and objectives and can synthesize large amounts of data to aid in effective decision making.
The vision for the Integrated Infrastructure Services Department (IIS) is to inspire trust among citizens and Council in our commitment and ability to deliver quality infrastructure.
As the Program Manager of Budget Planning and Project Reporting within Integrated Infrastructure Services (IIS) you will oversee a team of professionals dedicated to providing the Department's Leadership Team with accurate and timely information so they make evidence-based decisions regarding the capital program and operating budget that is managed by the Department.
This role, an opportunity to make your mark with the City of Edmonton, we are waiting for you!
You will be accountable for delivering the below:
Program Development and Oversight:
- Proactively develop and implement a program that oversees and coordinates the Department’s decision-making processes related to the 10-year Capital Investment Outlook, 4-year Operating and Capital Budgets, and the Supplementary Operating and Capital Budget Adjustments
- Look to continuously improve the Department’s budget planning and capital project reporting processes by developing and implementing creative solutions and managing various projects
- Engage with the Department’s Supervisors and Directors in framing recommendations that are well-thought out, with clearly understood implications so that the Department Leadership Team is well-supported in their oversight of the overall scope and health of the Department’s budget and capital program
- Provide analysis and advice to support evidence-based decision making in managing the capital program and the operating budget
- Support the Department Leadership Team on all budget development and reporting matters to accurately reflect and align with Corporate and Departmental Plans
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to staff by communicating corporate, department and branch vision, work, values and core deliverables
- Ensure effective and efficient integration of the Department’s budget planning and capital project reporting processes with other strategic processes managed by the Section and the Branch
- Actively develop a culture of accountability and high performance by ensuring staff have appropriate resources, knowledge, and skills to execute their roles successfully
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Public Administration, Planning, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years related experience in the areas of Capital budget development, monitoring/analysis and reporting
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible management and supervisory experience Demonstrated program and policy development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience on change management and project methodologies Experience with capital budgeting/planning methodologies and asset management
- Highly developed communication (verbal, written) and facilitation abilities
- Excellent ability in working in a dynamic workplace, managing competing deadlines
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal, decision making and negotiation skills
- Embodies trust, professionalism and respect; values align to our Corporate Culture and Leadership Principles
- Holds self and peers accountable for their contribution to the workplace culture
- Master’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Engineering or another related discipline. Accounting designations such as CA, CGA, CPA or CMA
- PMP and/or Organizational Change Management designation
- Experience in the delivery of capital projects
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Hours of Work: 36.9 hours per week
Salary: $84,597.00 - $120,852.00 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: OP/AL