Leverage the value that comes from investing in yourself
Whether you are starting your CPA career or are a seasoned professional interested in honing your leadership skills, CPA Alberta’s Mentorship Program can help you tackle your most important career goals and objectives. Become part of a cohort of emerging finance and accounting leaders.
Bring your authentic self to mentoring
As part of CPA Alberta’s commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion, mentors and mentees have the option to be matched based on preferences for shared language, culture, heritage, geography, gender, parental status, and more. This may help you connect with your mentor or mentee on a deeper level.
Additional training exclusive to program participants
CPA Alberta provides four hours of mentorship training over two sessions in November. In addition, a two-hour training session on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) will be offered in December.
Mentors at all career stages are welcome to apply. Based on the current mentees, CPA Alberta is looking to find additional CPA mentors in senior leadership positions (partner level, CFO, or controllers). Apply today!
Mentorship intake closes on October 15!
What's in it for you?
Why Become a Mentor?
- Develop leadership skills
- Impact and inspire mentees;
- Provide career advice, guidance, and share relevant knowledge;
- Improve relationship-building skills; and
- Learn and hear about new perspectives from your mentee.
Why Become a Mentee?
- Explore different ways to bring your authentic self to the workplace;
- Gain career advice related to new positions, career changes, and career progression;
- Formulate realistic career goals;
- Increase your knowledge of employment sectors and industries; and
- Improve enabling skills including relationship building, conflict resolution, and engaging with leadership.