- Location: Edmonton, Alberta
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary Scale: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00
- Ref #: 05110-0010159769
Our client, a well-respected services company, is looking for a Controller to join its leadership team.
As the Controller, you will have responsibility over a small accounting and clerical department. Your mandate will include planning and directing all accounting operational functions, managing the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal financial statements, assessing accounting and internal control systems, and guiding departmental staff.
Our client offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package along with strong career growth. In turn, we are seeking someone who will motivate others by maintaining a positive professional attitude; who is an honest, reliable and a leader; and will offer remarkable client services, managing self and others with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability.
As the Controller you will handle key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a leader, you will encourage innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and support creativity in your area of responsibility.
Key responsibilities involved:
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations and G/L analysis
- Manage the production of the yearly budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
- Support Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, with research, planning, and implementation, as required
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Work closely with the Leadership team to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
- Manage finance department operations, including accounts payable, billings and collections, and payroll
- 5 or more years of progressive accounting experience, including 3 or more years as a Controller.
- Canadian accounting designation.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines and results.
- Excellent business communication (written/verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Great overall social skills.
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience.
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to curate and enforce high standards for quality deliverables.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Comprehensive knowledge in budgeting forecasting, and expertise in financial statement preparation.
Connect With Us Today:
To learn more about this leadership opportunity, connect today with Cal at (780) 424-4220 or email@example.com quoting Controller / Edmonton in the heading of your email.