Senior Financial Reporting Specialist
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Salary Scale: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00
Ref #: 05110-0010220123
Our client, a publicly traded company, is recruiting to add a Senior Financial Reporting Specialist to its finance team at its corporate office in Edmonton.
Reporting to the Vice President Finance, the Financial Reporting Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Setup and prepare IFRS compliant financial reporting requirements and related disclosures for comparative purposes.
- Review, compare, and recommend accounting policies for the transition to IFRS.
- Technical research and documentation of accounting policy alternatives available to the company.
- Development of financial statement noted disclosures and related reconciliations;
- Development of policies and procedures to ensure all financial information required under IFRS is accurately captured;
- Work with IT personnel to ensure the accounting system is appropriately configured to capture all required financial information required for IFRS;
- Train the accounting group and other departments on the impact of the IFRS transition;
- Support the team in completing monthly consolidations and support schedules and ensure internal controls over financial reporting are adhered to as well as to develop, implement and maintain new controls as required under IFRS.
This position will also encompass special projects in the corporate accounting group and other duties assigned by the Vice President Finance.
Experience in public company financial reporting in IFRS. Your experience should demonstrate:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within tight reporting deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment;
- Proficiency with IFRS, accounting procedures and financial reporting;
- Proven ability to work within tight deadlines;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements;
- Excellent analytical skills and effective business communication (written/verbal) skills with accounting, finance and operational personnel.
- Technical savvy to manipulate Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Word and strong proficiency with ERP systems related reporting tools; ideally Navision will ensure your success in this role.
Canadian accounting designation complemented with a post-secondary accounting degree and 2 or more years of post-designation experience working with public company financial reporting requirements and disclosures and the research and application of IFRS.
Connect With Us Today:
To learn more about this newly created role and department and how this opportunity may be an ideal fit for your next career move, connect today with Anthony at (780) 424-4220 or email@example.com quoting Financial Reporting / Edmonton in the heading of your email.