At Parkwood Master Builder, we start with you!
We are currently seeking a Controller to join our dynamic and growing Edmonton team in a permanent, full time capacity. Together we provide homeowners with the ultimate personalized home buying experience.
Reporting to the president, the Controller has the following role and responsibilities:
• Prepare and report monthly, quarterly and yearly financial results to the shareholders
• Prepare financial projections, modeling and stress test the models to provide timely and accurate recommendations to management
• Develop strong working relationships with operations team in order to facilitate timely, accurate, and relevant project cost and operations performance reporting
• Identify and develop procedures to create efficiencies, through automation of processes to develop and maintain internal controls
• Provide operation support for financing activities including: o Creation and maintenance of proformas for debt financing purposes
- Ongoing oversight to manage financial covenants
- Complete all regulatory reporting
• Monthly review, reconciliation, and assessment of operating statements including balance sheet, income statement, cash flows and relevant performance metrics
• Preparation and review of all journal entries and working papers associated with monthly, quarterly and year-end processes
• Assist with the preparation, presentation and ongoing management of budgets, proformas and cash flow requirements
• Manage small team of accountants, provide coaching and support in their professional development
• Manage the full cycle of accounting, including but not limited to: o Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
• Such other duties and responsibilities as may be determined from time to time
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and attributes:
• Accounting designation is preferred (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA)
• Minimum 5 years post-designation experience relating to financial reporting and particularly project accounting. Consideration will be given to candidates that bring experience in lieu of educational designation.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on attention to details
• Self-motivated and hardworking individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently, and take initiative, as well as work within a team environment and actively participate in team meetings
• Maintain and promote the professional image of Parkwood Master Builder by providing a high calibre of positive customer service
The Parkwood Difference
We offer a work environment and perks assisting our employees to build a difference for themselves by providing:
• Competitive salaries and benefits
• Personal development and coaching programs
• Employee Happy Hours and seasonally themed events
• Generous annual time-off
If you meet or exceed our qualifications, please complete the following Pro.file People Survey: http://www.profileperformancesystem.com/survey.html?SL=54300
and submit your resume by quoting "Controller" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your submission will be reviewed carefully however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.