EPCOR Water’s Regulatory Affairs team has an excellent opportunity for a hardworking and results-oriented professional with excellent communication, analytical and project management skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing regulatory advice and financial analysis, conducting regulatory research, and developing and managing EPCOR’s water rate applications to the City of Edmonton, BC Comptroller of Water Rights and Alberta Utilities Commission. The role requires knowledge of a regulated utility business and rate setting and will provide great opportunities to develop subject matter expertise in issues facing regulated utilities and the regulatory process.
The opportunity is for one (1) permanent Senior Advisor position based in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Regulatory, the Senior Advisor is accountable for, but not limited to:
Working on teams to coordinate, develop and write regulatory applications.
Researching and writing on emerging regulatory issues.
Preparing quantitative and strategic analysis supporting rate applications.
Monitoring, analyzing and communicating regulatory and financial trends.
Your knowledge of the utility industry will be enhanced and you will have the opportunity to build regulatory expertise and establish effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders including internal business unit contacts, EPCOR senior management, legal counsel, consultants and other industry participants.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
An undergraduate degree in business, accounting, economics, legal or other field related to the utility sector.
A graduate from a professional designation program would be considered an asset.
3-5 years of experience in an area such as regulatory or financial analysis would be considered an asset.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, able to present complex information to a variety of stakeholders.
Experience with and high proficiency in project management.
Excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
Previous experience in the electricity sector would be considered a definite asset.
As our best candidate, you possess a high tolerance for ambiguity and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and project management skills, and are able to work well on a team as well as individually. You are highly analytical with the ability to provide sound advice and have a keen attention to detail. Most importantly, you are an excellent written communicator.
Hours of work: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
Commencing with your first day of employment as a permanent EPCOR employee you will enjoy a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- One Friday off per month
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- EPCOR Savings Plan with company matched contributions
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook!
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in a career with EPCOR. Due to the large volume of
applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information on this exciting career opportunity, please refer to IRC39991 on the EPCOR career website www.epcor.com/careers
Application Deadline: January 29, 2018