Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller shall be responsible for assisting the Controller with the management of overall financial operations of Total Oilfield Rentals Ltd, and will work with the controller to provide accurate information to the Board of Directors, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Assistant Controller will aid the Controller in directing and managing the company's accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures, preparing financial statements and reporting to top management and externally. The Assistant Controller will also maintain the company's accounting systems and implement changes as required by the Controller. This position will be based in our Leduc office.
- Assist Controller in managing the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Ensure rapid and consistent collection of receivables by refining and implementing control mechanisms.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting.
- Work with Controller and operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Work with external auditors and audit committee.
- Coordinate customer and government audits.
- University degree in Business/Accounting with professional accounting designation.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records is essential.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms.
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
- Knowledge of publicly traded companies.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime as required.
Total Oilfield offers employees a competitive compensation package including an excellent company matched RRSP/Stock plan, bonus program, and group medical/dental/vision benefits.