Reporting to the CFO the Controller for Lifestyle Options provides leadership and coordination of company financial reporting, budgeting and planning; ensuring that company procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller also streamlines processes to create reliable and timely delivery of accounting information and will play an active role in the strategic planning for the business.
- This position requires 3-5 years of professional accounting experience (post CA/CPA designation).
- University degree in Business/Accounting from an accredited training institution.
- Chartered Accountant or Chartered Professional Accountant designation required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and CaseWare.
- Knowledge of Sage Timberline Accounting System is an asset.
- Provide supervision and leadership to a team.
- Supervise monthly financial reporting, including bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain insurance policies over company assets.
- Supervise preparation of year end files.
- Prepare consolidated/combined financial statements.
- Prepare corporate tax returns where required.
- Review and implement policies and procedures as required.
- Assist in special projects as required.