Manager, Regulatory and Financial Strategies
Job Number: 31764
Do you thrive in a work environment with challenging and diverse assignments working alongside talented and motivated people that want to make a positive impact? If you have answered yes, the role of Manager, Regulatory and Financial Strategies might be just the opportunity for you. Come to the City of Edmonton and do your life’s best work https://vimeo.com/233505549
This position provides senior regulatory and financial leadership to support the Utility Committee and City Council in its review and approval of utility customer rates, terms and conditions of service, and the ongoing operations of municipal public utilities operating within the boundaries of the City of Edmonton. These public utilities include the Water, Wastewater Treatment, and Drainage services provided by EPCOR Water Services Inc. as well as the Waste Services Utility operated by the City of Edmonton.
The Manager, Regulatory and Financial Strategies will also provide senior financial leadership for corporate and departmental projects and initiatives, issues management, strategy development and implementation.
Working collaboratively with Branch Managers, Directors and Supervisors across the Corporation, this position is responsible for:
- Providing information and analysis to assist the Utility Committee and Council in its review and decision making process of municipal utility matters
- Overseeing the regulatory application review and approval process including the coordination of procedural steps with the Utility Committee, Council and external and internal parties
- Overseeing the submission and review of quarterly and ongoing operational and performance reporting of the municipal public utilities
- Responding to inquiries from the general public, the utilities and other interested parties on various utility and regulatory matters
- Continuing to develop and foster regulatory processes, resources, expertise and capacity within the Corporation to support Senior Management and the Utility Committee and Council with various regulatory applications, projects and initiatives
- Managing, overseeing and participating in major financial initiatives and decisions within the Corporation and providing financial expertise, recommendations and strategies
- Partnering with and establishing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and analyzing financial arrangements, to ensure financial risks are identified, mitigation strategies are developed and value for money is achieved
- University Degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, or related field
- Professional accounting designation (CPA - formerly CA, CGA , CGA) or related graduate degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant regulatory or utility industry experience and seven (7) years of related and progressively responsible financial management experience
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain complex issues in clear and concise language in both written and oral format
- Strong interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining effective relationships and dealing with senior management and staff, work collaboratively across peers, and mentoring of staff
- Strong ability to lead diverse projects simultaneously in an efficient manner working with tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be flexible and responsive to changing priorities and circumstances
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Hours of Work: 36.9 hours per week
Salary: $116,046 - $145, 060 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: DR/IS
Classification Title: Principal Financial Advisor
Posting Date: Jan 26, 2018
Closing Date: Feb 19, 2018 11:59:00 PM (MST)
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Permanent Full-time
Union : Management
Department: Financial Strategies & Budget (Financial and Corporate Services)
Work Location(s): Chancery Hall, 5th Floor, 3 Sir Winston Churchill Square Edmonton T5J 2C3