Manager, Operations Accounting
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is modernizing the construction industry with unique, agile architectural solutions. We’re an unconventional company with no HR Department. Instead we run a Talent Agency, where people, known lovingly as DIRTTBags, don't face lengthy policies, procedures or forms. We’re a highly motivated group of individuals (more than 1,100 throughout North America) who embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company. Everyone is hands-on, regardless of position. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We respect each other. We achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for a Manager, Operations Accounting to join our team.
This challenging position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, extremely detail oriented and not afraid to get things done. You are a driven, energetic, and professional individual with a strong work ethic. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Monthly detailed gross margin analysis
- Compares actual costs to estimates and analyzes variances
- Analyzes and monitors raw materials and WIP inventory
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing budget costs to actual production costs; this includes product margin reporting and analytics
- Partnering with operations to provide in-depth analysis of operations, performing inventory valuation, product/production cost variances, purchase price variances, labour costs and freight cost analysis
- Ensure revenue and costs are properly accrued in the correct periods through following up with management prior to the financial system close and providing accruals
- Identify and drive system improvements and implements the appropriate internal controls necessary to ensure compliance with CSOX
- Monthly actual to budget analysis
- Month-end reporting, journal entries, variance analysis
- Assist in quarterly reviews and Y/E audit as required
- Assist in annual budget analysis
- CPA, CA/CPA, CMA
- 5+ years’ experience in a related finance function within a manufacturing environment and cost accounting
- Experienced and strong understanding of manufacturing activities and system
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience communicating with senior management
- Demonstrated experience working in a results-oriented, fast paced environment
- Excellent PC skills including advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Strong commitment to ensuring deadlines are maintained and achieved
Please quote the position title in your subject line and indicate salary range expectation
To apply for this position please apply online at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.