Plains Midstream Canada is looking for a designated accounting professional to join the derivatives accounting team. Reporting to the Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Research, the role of Senior Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of derivatives accounting and disclosure. Success in this role requires strong analytical and communication skills as deliverables are highly visible to senior management.
- Preparation of monthly derivative accounting journal entries (Plains does not apply hedge accounting.)
- Execute monthly and quarterly close process for derivative accounting
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations
- Lead back-office settlement process for OTC’s
- Preparation of monthly reports
- Calculation of MTM values for certain derivative instruments using financial models
- Preparation of quarterly analysis of derivative results for senior management
- Preparation of financial statement and MD&A disclosures related to derivatives
- Preparation of working papers and support audit requests from internal and external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree, majoring in accounting/finance, with a professional accounting designation
- Strong aptitude for understanding and applying complex accounting rules
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and spreadsheet skills
- Knowledge of and/or previous experience with derivative contracts, operations, and valuations would be an asset.
- Unrelenting attention to detail
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well in a team environment
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to March 13, 2018
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.