White Water Management Ltd. (Whitewater) has an opening in our Calgary office for a permanent full-time position for an ambitious and professional individual looking to build out their career in the accounting profession.
Reporting to the Controller, this role will be initially focused on accounts receivables and for providing assistance to the accounting and projects departments, with increasing levels of responsibilities and challenges over time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifying and managing field ticket workflow using our operations software program, Aimsio (www.aimsio.com). This includes capturing 3rd party charges (fuel, trucking, parts, etc.) and sign off on field tickets/billing by clients.
- Managing client price lists in Aimsio.
- Creating invoices as required by specific customer/job in Aimsio and uploading completed invoice into QuickBooks.
- Working closely with manpower and equipment coordinators, project coordinators, and field operations to ensure prompt and accurate billing.
- Ensure billing is completed and reviewed daily for ongoing jobs.
- Entering invoices into client supply chain platforms as required (Ariba, Cortex, etc.) and monitoring invoices weekly to ensure they are being received and approved in the system and fixing issues when necessary.
- Following up on past due invoices with customers weekly/bi-weekly and providing summary report to Controller.
- Posting customer payments by recording cheques/EFTs in QuickBooks as received.
- Completing month end close tasks as necessary to close by ~WD+9.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting and other tasks as assigned by Controller
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- College Diploma in Accounting of Business Administration or equivalent with a preference towards a Bachelor's Degree.
- Ideally 1 - 2 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Computer literate, including intermediate working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and QuickBooks required.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) to all levels of the organization and the clients' organization (i.e. field consultants, clients' office staff, etc.)
- Good quantitative analysis skills, fast learner of systems.
- Solid organizational skills, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to various client requests as necessary.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently; work and coordinate with staff in other office locations.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- High level of personal integrity, strong work ethic.
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality.