Come help us unlock potential so all can learn! Are you well-organized, love crunching numbers? Do you have strong accounting skills? Are you an excellent communicator? Do you work well with others and like to have fun?
We are currently looking for a Part-Time Accountant (2-4 days per week, 3 on average) ideally starting March 22, 2018.
- Accounting duties (we use QuickBooks) such as cheque runs, invoicing, month-end close, oversight and maintenance of the chart of accounts
- Preparing reports, for management, finance committee and board meetings as requested by CEO
- Oversight and trouble-shooting of day-to-day fee for service transactions, credit card transactions, donations, charitable receipt processes
- Maintaining cash flow reports and the deferred contribution schedule
- Assistance with budget and forecast preparation
- Verifying EI/CPP remittances
- Ensuring compliance with use of designated funds and preparation of casino reports
- Preparation of monthly financial and funding reports related to grants and contracts
- Responsible for processing the Society’s T3010 Registered Charity Information Return and GST Rebate form
- Payroll, deductions and employee benefits processing, enrollment, etc as well as WCB requirements
- Support agency year-end audit process and working paper preparation
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience in full-cycle accounting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with not for profit/charitable organizations preferred
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Minimum of an accounting certificate or equivalent
- Discretion, maintain confidentiality, promote trust
- Excellent accounting skills
- Excellent computer skills (proficient in Accounting packages and MS Excel)
Please apply with resume, cover letter and two references to Krista Poole by March 15, 2018, with 'Accountant' as the subject line. We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website www.canlearnsociety.ca to learn more about us.