We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing practice. Successful applicants must be able to work on their own, multi-task and have strong communication and time management skills. This position involves dealing with clients and all aspects of their file. You will also be required to guide and mentor junior staff.
- Prepare Notice to Reader, Audit and Review Engagements, including completion of all working papers, adjusting journal enteries, and financial statements.
- Complete Personal and Corporate Tax Returns, Trust Returns and T4 and T5 slips.
- Communication with clients, government agencies and with partners and staff.
- Assist and supervise junior staff as well as work effectively and cooperatively with other senior staff members.
- Keep up-to-date with current and upcoming changes in accounting and assurance standards.
- CPA Designation
- 2 - 5 years of relevant public practice experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, Caseware and CanTax. Experience with Sage 50 and Quickbooks would be an asset.
- Experience involving preparation and completion of Notice to Readers, Audits and Review Engagements and corporate and personal tax returns.
- Have strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Team player.