Derrick Disposal Ltd provides temporary fencing, portable toilets, a full line of waste and recycling services and hydrovac services. We offer customers high quality service, complete delivery, set-up, service and removal for all their sanitation needs. We are agile and flexible to customers' needs and partner with our customers to determine the best solution for their jobsite or event.
- Responsible for supporting day to day accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receiveable, payroll, and general accounting, ensuring effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
- Manages weekly cheque runs, records, prepares, distributes and mails all cheques as appropriate.
- Performs monthly intercompany reconciliations.
- Coordinates and completes special project work in a timely manner.
- Manages highly confidential information in a professional manner, adhering to privacy laws and payroll/accounting best practices; ensures the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files.
- Maintains vendor files and filing systems for all financial documents.
- Other such duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration. Preference will be given to candidates working towards a CPA designation.
- 2-3 years progressive experience in an office accounting environment. Experience in cash flow management is considered an asset.
- General knowledge of A/P, A/R, general ledger account structure and payroll procedures.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Sage 50, Sage 300 and TRUX Solutions.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Team orientated with open communication style.
- Able to adapt and change priorities at a moment's notice.