Project Accountant: Reports to SVP Finance
The position requires an individual with a strong work ethic, a passion for excellence and achieves a high level of satisfaction from creating growth for both the business and his or her career.
The successful individual will be a member of a team responsible for analyzing and reporting the results of multiple Projects and supporting the finance, marketing and sales functions. This position will be responsible for Project analysis, data management support, process improvement, and cross-functional communication. Process and project management expertise will be used to facilitate and support the changing needs of the Company.
- Build and prepare quotes and respond to RFPs.
- Set-up and maintain rate tables for ongoing contracts and new contracts
- Thorough understanding of customer agreements and contracts
- Under limited supervision, perform regular reviews of project performance and ensure project are properly set up, maintained and closed upon completion
- Sign off project set up, budgets, rate tables, change management documents and project closes
- Ensure all contractual obligations for project accounting are fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner, working with customers diligently to address any issues
- Perform month end review and entries, adjustments, accruals, reconciliations and revenue recognition
- Analysis of project margins and operating performance against budgets in addition to identifying potential margin opportunities and risks in a timely fashion
- Prepare and issue invoices to clients ensuring accuracy with contracts and applicable change orders
- Ad hoc Reporting requirements as necessary
- Drive process improvement and implementation of best practices within the functional group, including taking initiative to identify gaps and areas of opportunity
- Assist in any Client, Internal, and External audits and other attests
- Variance investigation and reporting
- Providing cost analysis and reports to measure actual to planned project progress for forecasting and client reporting
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned not otherwise captured in this position description.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration or accounting
- Recently Designated or Currently enrolled to achieve a Professional Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Proven proficiency within a services contracting company
- Professional accounting experience including project costing, financial analysis and financial reporting
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to deal with change in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, both internal and external
- Able to multi-task, be adaptable and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel is required; as well as proficiency with computerized accounting software programs, preferably Microsoft GP