Manager, Enterprise Reporting
Posted: January 23, 2018
Closing Date: February 6, 2018
Position Type: Permanent
Union: MP (Exempt)
Vision – To be Canada’s leader in the electricity industry.
Mission – We power the potential of people, businesses and communities by safely and responsibly providing electricity and energy services in ways that matter to them today and tomorrow.
Is this challenge for you? Imagine the possibilities.
You will lead the Enterprise Reporting team to influence and innovate ENMAX Corporation’s financial reporting and IFRS accounting policies.
- Lead the Enterprise Reporting team and its activities
- Ensure completion of accurate quarterly / annual financial statements, note disclosures, and MD&A
- Liaise and manage quarterly reviews and annual audit for consolidated ENMAX Corporation, EPC carve out and pension financial statements
- Manage complex accounting research and implementation of new policies in line with IFRS standards and ENMAX accounting policies
- Responsible for all internal executive-level consolidated enterprise reporting, with a focus on key performance indicators
- Assist with preparation and coordination of ENMAX Corporate annual budget and monthly forecasting
- Manage month-end and year-end consolidation and close processes
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to advance service to both internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s Degree and Professional Accounting Designation
- 10+ years’ of progressively responsible experience in financial reporting and analysis
- Strong complex accounting research skills
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and Canadian GAAP
- Previous experience with IFRS conversion would be an asset
- Familiar with the audit requirements and audit process
- Exceptional skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional communication skills; experienced and effective in interacting with senior executives and line management at all levels. Credible, persuasive and clear in both oral and written presentations
- Outstanding analytical skills
- A self-starter who can work independently, while managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
ENMAX Values – Safety, Integrity, Accountability, Service, Teamwork, Agility, Innovation
If you share our values and would like to make a difference with your career, join the team and see where the ENMAX possibilities can take you.
We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive flexible benefits program, non-downtown location that includes great building amenities such as free onsite fitness facility with programming geared to employees needs, onsite child care centre (upon availability, offered from our ENMAX Place location 141 – 50 Ave. SE), free parking and much more.
Location: 141 - 50th Avenue SE, Calgary, AB
- ENMAX welcomes all qualified applicants to apply, it is our aim to have a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
- Must be legal to work in Canada and requires the successful completion of a criminal background check. Two pieces of valid Government issued ID will be required.
- Two professional references will be requested.
- Education requirements for this position will be verified by a third party
Please visit our careers page to learn more about other opportunities at ENMAX Corporation.