Junior Accounting/ Accounts Payable
We are looking for someone to lead and manage our Accounts Payable cycle, and assist our Controller with Month End duties and ad hoc projects.
Time management, critical thinking, and teamwork are a must.
Intermediate Excel skills and previous experience working in Payables would be ideal.
We are using a cloud based accounting and project management software, the desire to learn something new and suggest improvements would be welcomed.
A business diploma or working towards your CPA designation is idea.
- Coordinate and Manage the Entire Accounts Payable cycle
- Perform Bank Reconciliations weekly
- Assist with Accounting month end schedules
- Assist the controller with other projects as required
- Provide vacation coverage for reception
- Improve and make efficient the Accounts Payables cycle
- Enter accounts payable, ensure payables are approved by appropriate staff prior to payment.
- Cut checks for payables on a monthly basis.
- Customize the accounting system with reports and or tools to assist all staff; management,
project managers, and employees.
- Respond to Project managers request for adjustments to their projects in Accounting system
- Reconcile bank
- Provide vacation coverage for reception, (usually only once or twice a year).