Finance Specialist, Permanent position
Position title: Finance Specialist, Permanent position
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Application method: through our website (https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers)
One connected team. Making money make a difference.
Connect First Credit Union is the tenth largest Canadian credit union, offering members an extensive range of financial services and products. With over $5 billion in assets under administration, we have a mission to Make Money Make a Difference.
Through our three regional divisions, Chinook Financial, First Calgary Financial and Legacy Financial, we serve more than 104,000 members across 27 branches in 14 southern Alberta communities.
We employ more than 600 Albertans and are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, a Top Employer in Alberta and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
We think big, act local, take charge, and make banking easy. More than just words, we stay true to our cooperative principles and make genuine and lasting contributions to the financial success and viability of the communities we live, work and thrive in.
Be awesome with us!
If you're passionate about your community, adore helping others, and want to make a difference, then we're looking for you.
As the Finance Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing financial analysis and examining statistical data to support the department in forming financial management and investment decisions..
- Supporting the development of the annual budget process by preparing budget worksheets, compiling and reviewing submissions.
- Creating management's final budget packages, providing direction on budget processes and requirements following implementation of the approved budget.
- Ensuring controls and risk management processes and practices are in place; identifying and recommending to management potential improvements or immediate risk concerns.
- Maintaining, automating and developing reporting to support day to day business management, performance improvement and strategic insight development.
- Preparing weekly and monthly KPI reporting package highlighting historical performance and actionable insights for the business.
- Supporting the development, implementation, and maintenance of departmental initiatives/programs.
- Conducting research and generating reports and forecasts used to provide recommendations or identify trends that support business decisions.
- Supporting the implementation of the established annual business plan for the department.
- Remaining current on organizational practices, policies, procedures and legislative requirements; identifying areas requiring clarification or improvement and referring to management for further action.
- Acting as a resource to other staff within the department.
- Building collaborative working relationships with staff external to the department and external networks within area of specialization.
- 4 - 6 years experience in Finance.
- Completed a relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and SQL desirable.
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Excel including: PivotTables, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, and Data Tables.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and easily learn other programs.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers