Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Planning and Analysis
Data, Data, Data…we are surrounded by it, but how do you turn it into useful, actionable information to support operations? Does the idea of digging into data relationships to solve a business problem and report on it sound interesting to you? If breaking down the science of data into the art of reporting is your passion, then keep reading!
Alberta Blue Cross has created an exciting new role for a Financial Reporting Specialist in our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Department. Reporting to the FP&A manager, the primary responsibility of this position will be to develop and continuously improve reporting output while contributing to the analytical, business and technical support for the department. Monthly reporting, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, cost allocations, and ad hoc reporting is what we do; modeling, reporting, software, and a well rounded understanding of business is how we get there.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, maintain, analyze, communicate and report on budget, forecast & costing.
- Develop & maintain the tools, models, reports and financial procedures used by FP&A.
- Engage with business areas to understand and interpret budget, forecast, costing output and monthly financial information on a regular basis.
- Assist with implementation of software upgrades, identify possible system improvements and tap into any unutilized system functionality.
- Support business case development and ROI statements.
- Respond to and prioritize requests from business areas.
- Contribute to the knowledge base of the department as it relates to interpreting and applying IFRS, financial statement presentation and required disclosures through existing knowledge and research as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) is required.
- 4+ years experience in budgeting and forecasting in a similar size organization.
- Experience supporting system implementations and upgrades as an SME or Functional Lead, including familiarity with validating and testing procedures would be an asset.
- Significant knowledge and experience in data analysis utilizing Excel, Access, SQL (SSIS/ SSRS & SSAS), MDX, Crystal Reporting, MicroStrategy, Prophix, Prodacapo and other Corporate Performance Management tools.
- Knowledge and familiarity with modeling Activity Based Costing (ABC).
- Experience developing, designing, analyzing and continuously improving reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to break down complex financial concepts and communicate without prejudice, while forming collaborative partnerships that engage various levels within the organization, including executive and non-financial managers.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills including presenting results of analysis as well as writing and maintaining documentation for technical processes and high level end user guides.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables, anticipate obstacles and meet deadlines.
- Be able to take initiative and thrive on ownership and responsibility.
- Self-starter, strategic, inquisitive & goal-oriented with a strong business acumen.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.