Reporting to the Regional Controller, the Financial Accountant is a key member of the regional management team responsible for a full range of operational, financial and management accounting reporting and analysis for manufacturing. This is a developmental role, working towards backing up and supporting Divisional Accountants within the region.
The Financial Accountant’s primary focus is to provide the operations management team with relevant financial and statistical analysis and information, and to participate in value-added decision support. Duties will consist of assisting the Divisional Accountants at our Elko, Radium and WynnWood Divisions in the areas of manufacturing operation including Accounts Payable and Payroll review, timely completion of the financial closes, through to the generation of weekly costing reports, forecasting, capital processes and monthly financial statements.
The Financial Accountant will be required to:
- Prepare financial statements and reports for review.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual business plan, monthly/quarterly/yearly forecasting, weekly cost report and capital processes.
- Providing operational and financial analysis for the manufacturing facility.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and IFRS based GAAP.
- Capital asset and major maintenance tracking.
- General ledger account reconciliations.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Preference will be given to senior level accounting students with a commitment to completing their designation.
- Strong analytical skills and good business sense.
- Advanced personal computer skills (MS Office).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.