As the Senior Accountant you will report to the Controller and be accountable for providing accounting and transactional support to users outside the accounting group. You are also responsible to provide leadership and technical accounting support to the accounting group. You are additionally responsible for maintaining accounting processes, in accordance with company policies/procedures and GAAP to ensure clear, accurate, and timely financial information. Finally you will act as a business partner to and a key contributor to Operations and a representative of the finance function.
- Assist in the annual budget preparation process and quarterly forecasts updates.
- Analyze and report variances on Corporate G&A.
- Monitor cash flow requirement.
- Provide monthly compliance letter to senior management.
- Ensure that all statutory remittances are reconciled and up to date.
- Assist with the preparation of Year End Audit working papers. Assist in responding to Audit queries.
- Review client contracts and billing to ensure compliance with the contract and ensure Quinn would pass a client compliance audit.
- Evaluate the current Internal Control, policies and procedures.
- Modify, upgrade and improve on current Internal Controls, policies and procedures.
- Provide documentation, and training manuals for procedures.
- Assist in month end close processes and monitor others to ensure completion.
- Analysis of Monthly Fleet reporting.
- Analysis of Monthly Project reporting and variances from budget.
- 3 to 5 year’s related experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting
- CPA Accounting designation or currently actively pursuing a designation
- Understanding of Accounting practices and principles
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Great Plains being an asset
- Ability to supervise and lead staff.
- Sound analytical skills
- Works well under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with change in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications with strong Excel skills.
- Proficient in Financial Statement preparation and analysis.