Accountant, Private Investment Operations (12 Month Fixed Term)
The Accountant, Private Investment Operations is responsible for the day to day operations related to the settlement of complex investment transactions involving private placements while a focus on timeliness and high accuracy. The Accountant will also effectively cross train with the other members in the Private Investment Operations group to ensure business continuity. The position will work closely with our internal clients including Private Investment Assets, Private debt and Hedge Funds to ensure that all accounting, reporting and other operational requirements are addressed. These requirements include, but are not limited to the creation, development and maintenance of various investment reconciliations, month-end reporting, operational procedures and audit checklists.
Reporting to the Manager, Private Investment Operations, the Accountant role will include assisting in maintaining investment data for reporting purposes and possible systems improvements programs and adaptations for organizational changes that occur from time to time. The Accountant, Private Investment Operations will typically contribute to multiple asset classes, including Infrastructure and Timber, Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Private Debt. Cross training with other product groups and assisting team members will be an expectation of the role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Initiating and closing transactions related to AIMCo's private investment portfolios. Recording and reconciling trade activities in the systems.
- Updating and maintaining underlying investment data by reviewing financial statements, fund statements, valuation reports and other documentation details, in the Illiquid Data Mart system
- Preparing/reviewing IFRS financial statements for private entities on a quarterly or request basis.
- Preparing investment expenses report on a quarterly basis.
- Preparing management fee and performance fee for Hedge funds and other private funds on a monthly basis.
- Preparing and verifying private entity financial statements for tax return purpose
- Maintenance and tracking of documentation requirements on all private investment transactions for processing and back-up
- Preparing month-end and quarter-end reports for private investment portfolio.
- Performing ad-hoc tasks requested by the manager or internal clients.
|Our Ideal Candidate|