Specialist, Regulatory Reporting
The Specialist, Regulatory Reporting is accountable for leading the modeling of Energy Services’ regulatory revenue requirement and non-energy regulatory reports in EPCOR’s new Adaptive Insights and Office Connect tools. The role is also responsible for the preparation and review of specific information for regulatory reporting purposes. The Specialist, Regulatory Reporting is Energy Services’ subject matter expert on the Office Connect tool and this includes working with both the Energy Services’ Finance and Operations teams to help them learn how to use the Adaptive Insights and Office Connect tools.
Reporting to the Manager, Regulatory Modelling, the Specialist, Regulatory Reporting is accountable for:
- Providing input to internal teams – Energy Services’ Regulatory and Customer Services, plans, strategy and directions.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing regulatory reporting’s processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks.
- Developing expertise in Adaptive Insights, Office Connect and Energy Services’ non-energy regulatory software.
- Using expertise to lead the modeling of Energy Services’ non-energy revenue requirement and regulatory reports in the tools. This includes ensuring adequate quality and process controls are incorporated into model and report designs.
- Using expertise to teach both the Finance and Operations teams how to use the Adaptive Insights and Office Connect tools.
- Testing the Adaptive Insights and Office Connect regulatory models and reports to ensure accuracy of results.
- Forecasting, analyzing and reviewing regulatory calculations for Energy Services’ non-energy application. And analyzing monthly, quarterly and annual results to assess for discrepancies or anomalies.
- Making adjustments to the Adaptive Insights and Office Connect regulatory models and reports required to enable Energy Services to respond to information requests associated with Energy Services’ non-energy application.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a two-year post-secondary diploma or degree in business or accounting
- Completion of an Accredited Accounting Designation program is required
- A minimum of 4 years accounting experience
- Regulatory experience would be considered an asset
- Understanding and ability to apply GAAP/IFRS
- Knowledge of the electricity industry and regulatory environment would be an asset
- Basic understanding of Oracle’s GL system
- Advanced modeling skills and knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced database design and data mining skills
- Analytical skills required to assess reasonability of results
- Experience providing financial expertise for designing and testing IT systems upgrades
- Experience with budgeting software (e.g. Adaptive Insights, Office Connect, Hyperion, etc.)
- Experience preparing regulatory cost of services and compliance reporting would be considered an asset.
As our best candidate you are a contributing team player and have worked on project teams before. You use your expertise in regulatory modeling to build reliable models and reports. You ask questions to understand the objective and you are focused on continuous improvement.
Wage: $43.39 - $51.71
Hours of work: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
Commencing with your first day of employment as a permanent EPCOR employee you will enjoy a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
How to Apply: For more information on this exciting career opportunity, please refer to IRC40810 on the EPCOR Career Website: www.epcor.com/careers.