Financial Planning Analyst
FCL invites applications for the position of Financial Planning Analyst in our home office located in Saskatoon, SK.
Financial Planning Analyst is responsible for forecasting short-term and long term business goals for all FCL business units. Provide assistance in the development and execution of financial models and tools to allow for routine analytical reviews of company and business unit financial and operational performance. Provide technical guidance on key finance initiatives and participate in special projects as a finance subject matter expert.
Reporting to the Manager Financial Planning and Analysis, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Update and maintain both the short-term and long-term FCL consolidated earnings, cash flow and capital structure forecasting models for all business units.
- Work collaboratively with all the FCL business units, Co-op Refinery Complex and Corporate Accounting to compile annual capital budgets.
- Review all FCL and CRC request for expenditures (RFE), and ensure that submissions are in compliance with FCL Policies.
- Perform RFE post audits.
- Provide RFE guidance/training and assist in completing robust financial analysis relating to capex requests.
- Participate as a key finance member in acquisition/divestiture projects.
- Provide guidance and financial expertise on strategic initiatives.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to RFE’s, capital spending, capital structure, patronage and forecasted earnings.
- Perform market research relating to various industries and topics.
- Update and maintain FCL’s corporate discount rates, and recommend changes when appropriate.
- Contribute to key Finance related projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce. Major in Finance will be preferred and 5-7 years of financial forecasting/modelling and capital budgeting work experience. Demonstrate knowledge of key corporate finance concepts. Professional Accounting or Finance designation (CA, CMA, CGA or CFA). Ongoing continued professional development in the track of Corporate Finance in cash flow forecasting, valuation, etc. Experience with financial modelling and forecasting required. Experience with mergers, acquisitions and business development opportunities analysis would be considered an asset. Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and negotiation skills.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence on or before March 19, 2018:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Federated Co-operatives Limited
401 - 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3M9
Fax (306) 244-3462
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of Western Canada's most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.