Financial Reporting Analyst (Temporary, up to 18 months)
FCL invites applications for the position of Financial Reporting Analyst in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Ensure the compliance with external financial reporting requirements for FCL and its subsidiaries including financial statement and disclosure preparation. Monitor changes to external reporting requirements and consider their impact on FCL. Analyze and recommend accounting standards and policies that are in the best interest of FCL. Assist in the internal board reporting process to ensure relevant and reliable financial information is available to our company decision makers.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Identify financial reporting requirements that affect or will affect FCL and its subsidiaries and propose recommendations for them to the Manager and Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting for approval, including continuous improvement to current reporting practices.
- Assist the Manager with the external consolidation process and preparation of the audited financial statements and management’s discussion and analysis, including assigned calculations and analysis.
- Assist in the quarterly internal consolidation process for FCL and its subsidiaries.
- Propose updates and improvements to our existing accounting policies to ensure more consistent application across our group of companies. Research over best practices and the current operations and processes takes place in order to consider the impact of a recommendation.
- Assist in required analysis of new financial reporting system which involves reviewing the current processes, recommendation of improvements and alternatives, and review of available alternatives.
- Assist in preparation and review of deliverables in the annual budget cycle which involves preparing, reviewing and analysing over budget inputs required from the Financial Reporting group.
- Assist in training and presentations of new and upcoming changes to the way we report financial information externally.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce/Business (with Accounting major) and 3-5 direct years of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) experience, preference for systems and/or consolidation experience. CPA designation is required.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence on or before January 31, 2018:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Federated Co-operatives Limited
401 - 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3M9
Fax (306) 244-3462
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of Western Canada's most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.