Analyst, Water Services Finance
Are you an innovative, team-oriented and self-motivated individual interested in contributing to a fast-paced and continuously improving team of financial professionals? If so, EPCOR's Water Services Finance team has an excellent opportunity for you. One full-time permanent position available
Reporting to the Manager, Edmonton Regulated Accounting, the Analyst is accountable for the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting and financial reporting processes for our Edmonton Regulated Water and Wastewater operations within the Water Finance department. The Analyst is also responsible for providing overall analysis and support to Water Services Finance as determined by their Manager.
The accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, compiling and reviewing of monthly, quarterly and annual variance analyses and reporting for Edmonton Water and Wastewater operations.
- Assisting various Water and Wastewater operating site managers with the quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting processes.
- Completing year-end reporting and analysis, including the supporting audit documentation and assisting with the external audit queries.
- Completing annual variance reporting and providing required financial reporting support related to various initiatives.
- Providing customer focused financial analysis, data and expertise to Edmonton Water & Wastewater operating managers to assist with decision making and financial stewardship in their areas.
- Providing direction and assistance to Water and Wastewater operating site managers for their general ledger accounting and financial reporting process.
- Completing annual Performance Based Rates (PBR) progress report variance reporting and required support related to regulatory initiatives.
- Reviewing, reconciling and analyzing General Ledger accounts and balances for omissions, posting or classification errors.
- Analyzing financial information and preparing journal vouchers with supporting source documentation as required.
- Supporting continuous improvement in the area of financial reporting and analysis through identifying areas and ideas for improvement and carrying out continuous improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Maintaining and assisting with the development of controls necessary for auditing and financial management and adhering to internal control requirements.
- Providing assistance and analysis in support of the Manager, Edmonton Regulated Accounting.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Business, Finance or Accounting is required.
- Completed or near completion of an Accredited Accounting Designation program.
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible accounting experience.
- Experience with building, reviewing, revising/maintaining financial models.
- Strong financial and data analysis skills, and advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically in Excel for financial analysis, and reporting.
- Advanced understanding and experience working with Oracle Financials.
- Experience with other Oracle Modules, reporting tools (Adaptive Insights) and work management systems (such as Business Intelligence and IVARA) would be considered an asset.
- Ability to frequently transition between working independently and supporting team initiatives.
- A strong understanding of differences between IFRS and Regulatory accounting.
The successful applicant will also possess:
- A collaborative approach to dealing with others, including excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work and communicate with people within different levels and roles.
- Strong attention to detail, results-oriented demeanor and strong planning and organizing skills.
- Superior analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities, with the ability to identify information directly related to the solution and present clear, effective, and viable recommendations for improvement.
- Customer-oriented focus with the ability to work effectively both in a team and independently.
- Capability to quickly learn new concepts and apply the relevant knowledge and technical skills to provide operations management with relevant financial analysis and input.
Jurisdiction: CSU52; Class: T3
Wage: $44.20-$52.75 per hour. This rate may increase subject to ratification of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement between CSU and EPCOR effective 2018.
Hours of work: 7.5 hours per day; 37.5 hours a week.
Commencing with your first day of employment as a permanent EPCOR employee you will enjoy a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
Please note the following information:
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
For more information on this exciting career opportunity and to apply, please refer to IRC39976 on the EPCOR Career Website: www.epcor.com/careers.
Application Deadline: January 17, 2018