- Provides advice and guidance to ensure strong fiscal management of CTI in a manner that safeguards assets and ensures clarity, transparency, and integrity in its financial transactions.
- Together with the CFO, co-ordinates the annual budget process for Board approval.
- Develops, implements and assesses internal procedures to ensure that CTI is managed within its mandate, regulations and bylaws.
- Provides functional and operational advice, guidance and interpretation on financial and accounting policies, issues, and practices to management, based on the Accounting Standards for NPO’s.
- Analyzes the financial impacts of new initiatives/proposals, and changes to existing plans or arrangements in which CTI is involved.
- Serves as the principal contact with CTI’s external auditors. Ensures all materials, reports and analysis required for auditors are organized and in place to ensure smooth and efficient audit.
- Manages the investment of any uncommitted funds of CTI.
- Designs, implements, assesses and monitors the Enterprise Risk Management program to be consistent with sound risk management practices.
- Monitors adherence to policies and procedures, ensuring staff comply with financial policies, budgets, guidelines and procedures.
- Prepares monthly and annual financial statements, variance analysis and associated reports and reviews with divisional managers.
- Prepares regular cash forecasting and rolling P&L forecasts.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting government claims for funding.
- Responsible for asset management including the status of receivables and payables and investments.
- Ensures timely and accurate filing of tax returns, GST returns and reports required to maintain corporate registrations.
- Resolves issues/problems as they occur.
Skills & Qualifications
- Professional accounting or financial designation i.e. CPA, CGA, CMA, or CA, plus 5 years of experience in finance and accounting.
- A strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles with exposure to Non-profit standards an asset.
- Experience in providing advice and recommendations to the senior executives and to individuals who may be new to the world of start-up companies and their financial and accounting needs.
- Experience with various software applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, financial information systems i.e. Sage 300) used in preparing financial reports and analyses.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those persons for whom we need further information or who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.