This is a 12 to 18 month contract position as part of our Corporate Finance team in our Calgary Office.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Review of monthly internal financial results
- Analysis of quarterly consolidated financial statements and supporting schedules
- Preparation and review of quarterly MD&A and Audit Committee materials
- Assist with various regulatory filings such as the Annual Information Form and Information Circular
- Oversight of U.S. GAAP accounting policy research related to complex financial accounting and reporting matters. More specifically, the applicant will be responsible for oversight of our ASC 842 Lease Accounting project to ensure we are prepared for adoption on January 1, 2019
- Work closely with our U.S. subsidiary office to ensure consistency of financial reporting processes and information
- Foster teamwork and leverage knowledge of financial practices to improve processes, enhance communication and respond to the changing needs of our business partners
- Work with Operations Accounting, Tax, Business Analysis and Investor Relations to enhance understanding and flow of financial and operational information throughout the organization
- Assist in coordination of quarterly and annual external audit and SOX projects
- Assist with various projects undertaken by the Corporate Finance team, as needed
- Opportunities for leadership within the Finance team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- CPA accounting designation required with minimum of 6-8 years work experience at a public accounting firm and/or in the oil and gas industry
- Financial reporting experience required with current knowledge of the application of U.S. GAAP in the oil and gas industry preferred
- Qbyte and Essbase experience preferred
- Intermediate to advance skills with Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills that can adapt to a growing and fast paced business environment
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task responsibilities
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented atmosphere
You can apply to this opportunity online through our website at www.enerplus.com, via the Careers section. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.