- Responsible for supporting day to day accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receiveable, payroll, and general accounting, ensuring effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
- Manages weekly cheque runs, records, prepares, distributes and mails all cheques as appropriate.
- Performs monthly intercompany reconciliations.
- Coordinates and completes special project work in a timely manner.
- Manages highly confidential information in a professional manner, adhering to privacy laws and payroll/accounting best practices; ensures the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files.
- Maintains vendor files and filing systems for all financial documents.
- Other such duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration. Preference will be given to candidates working towards a CPA designation.
- 2-3 years progressive experience in an office accounting environment. Experience in cash flow management is considered an asset.
- General knowledge of A/P, A/R, general ledger account structure and payroll procedures.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Sage 50, Sage 300 and TRUX Solutions.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Team orientated with open communication style.
- Able to adapt and change priorities at a moment's notice.