As a result of strong growth, our client, based in downtown Victoria, BC is seeking a strong Investment Analyst with a passion for investing and the financial markets to play a key role in the performance reporting and oversight of its investment portfolio. They are a private investment enterprise managing assets in excess of $500M with an investment portfolio in a variety of asset classes including fixed income, public & private equities, hedge funds, and real estate. This broad and hands-on role is an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, team focused environment with seasoned professionals.
Reporting to the Senior Investment Officer, key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of quarterly reporting investment reports for entities.
- Developing an expertise in performance measurement over time and the management of complex investment performance and attribution reporting. Liaising with Investment Accounting and staying abreast of investment holdings.
- Participating in the ongoing portfolio risk management, and the monitoring and execution of all financial and operational aspects of existing investments.
- Conducting research, financial modelling and due diligence analysis on new investment opportunities. Assisting the Senior Investment Officer in preparing investment reports and recommendations for the Investment Committee and Board of Directors.
- Working collaboratively with internal team members and external service providers across legal, IT, finance, accounting and tax.
- Working closely with the Finance team to develop new reporting tools and analytics.
To be considered for this role, you will have a Canadian CPA designation, a business undergraduate degree with high academic standing, and a minimum of 3-6 years applicable work experience. A CPA supplemented by a CFA or enrolment in the program would be beneficial. Candidates with a CFA or CBV designation or enrolled in the CFA program at Level 3 will be considered. The ideal candidate will have completed their CPA designation in a Big 4 Accounting Firm and will have subsequent experience either in an analyst role post public practice or in an analytically focused advisory role in public practice. Buy-side experience in back and middle office with exposure to front office strongly preferred. Other experience could include sell side research, investment banking, corporate finance, treasury and FP&A. You are an Excel expert with exceptional analytical, quantitative, modeling, valuation, reporting and research skills. Experience with PowerPoint, Bloomberg/Thomson Reuters Eikon, and with Investment Reporting Software, Microsoft Power BI are a plus.
You are known for your ability to get things done, your integrity, discretion and professionalism, and an open communication and collaborative style. You are a self starter, solution focused and a methodical problem solver. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing detailed analytical work while also being a big-picture, strategic thinker with a business mindset.
The successful candidate will be joining an organization with an entrepreneurial flat structure, positive and “ego-less” working culture founded on strong values. Collaboration, service-focus, work-life balance, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done are all characteristics of the organization. An attractive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Relocation assistance may be provided from other parts of Canada. Intermittent travel required.
Please submit your resume and detailed cover letter outlining your fit for and interest in the role, as soon as possible, in confidence online on our WMC careers website at http://careers.wmc.ca/JobDescriptionMultiple.asp?WebJobPostingsID=789. To learn more about the role, please contact Trish Brydon of WMC at (604) 443-3714.