The Accounting Technician is responsible for accurate recording of transactions in the AR AP and inventory sub-ledgers in multiple companies and for assisting in recording transactions in the GL. This versatile role also requires administration duties that assist site management to perform their daily operations.
- Daily entry of invoices in the AP Sub-Ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of all Vendor accounts
- Preparation of the monthly Expense Accrual Entering the JV in SAP B1
- Respond to Vendor inquiries
- Daily / Weekly and Monthly billing of Labor, Equipment, Material and Lump Sum Jobs.
- Upload billing in our Clients Systems as required to meet customer KPIs
- Preparation of monthly reports to customers regarding billing
- Attend monthly client contract status meetings
- Weekly application of customer payments against the AR Sub-Ledger
- Preparation of the monthly Revenue Accrual entering the JV in SAP B1
- Collection of outstanding receivables and reconciliation of all client accounts
- Respond to client inquiries
- Accurate record keeping of all transactions on the shared server with backup attached in SAP B1 using established conventions for file naming
- Assist the accountant with routine JEs by entering JVs in SAP B1; AFDA, Capital Assets, EFT payments etc.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 2-year Post-secondary Diploma in Business Administration working towards CPA Designation.
- Three to five years of related experience
- Experience with SAP and SAPB1 applications
- A proficient knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, SAPB1 & SAP application
- Data entry accuracy
- Great attention to detail
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, knowing when to ask for assistance
- Flexible work options including working from home, occasional travel required
- Work schedule is 8 hours per day / 40 hours per week, work hours are to be completed between 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM to achieve time sensitive deadlines