Senior IT Advisor, Internal Controls
Under the direction and leadership of the Lead, Internal Controls, we are seeking a Full-time, permanent Senior IT Advisor, Internal Controls to join our Internal Audit department in Calgary, Alberta. The Senior IT Advisor, Internal Controls is responsible for supporting management in its development, maintenance and oversight of the internal control environment as it relates to Canadian Securities Administrators National Instrument 52-109 requirements. The incumbent provides internal control expertise, oversight and support to management of finance and accounting functions and business process stewards so they feel confident they have fully supported the CEO and CFO in fulfilling regulatory requirements.
- Identify best practices and work with business operations management to provide technical assistance, develop appropriate processes and procedures and implement consistent and effective IT controls
- Assist in the development of appropriate IT processes and controls by providing expert advice on the interpretation of policies and procedures and industry best practices for management controls and IT operations
- Coordinate external auditor requirements for IT controls work to support the annual financial statement audit
- Assess safeguards for the protection of IT assets including review of automated controls, access reviews, vulnerability assessments, etc
- Facilitate and ensure the completion of required standardized documentation with business operations including Significant Account Scoping, process documentation, risk and control matrices, walkthroughs, fraud assessments
- Provide advice on remediation options and monitor management remediation plans
- Prepare and execute training within the Internal Controls team and for customers (finance and accounting management, business process stewards)
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members and provide guidance on internal controls concepts, procedures and tests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Commerce, or other relevant program
- 7-10 years of experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (Oracle), IT/cybersecurity , SOX or CSOX (52-109) design, testing and implementation of controls for IT applications
- Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA), and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) would be considered an asset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to present identified issues and facilitate problem resolution
- Proficient in IT Security and business processes including cybersecurity and cloud computing technologies for large enterprise resource planning systems.
- Knowledge of a COSO framework, COBIT or ITIL and/or other leading business and IT controls frameworks
- High level of ethics and integrity: leads by example
- Relates well to people at all levels and develops positive working relationships
- Self-starter who can work as a team leader or team member and build on both team and individual capabilities
- Strong analytical and investigation skills
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume on atco.com/careers quoting competition number 044112 on or before <>. Click here (use link below) to be taken directly to the posting.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a security clearance check.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with the privacy policies and practices of ATCO Ltd. and its subsidiary companies.
By submitting your resume and personal information to ATCO Ltd, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by ATCO Ltd. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.