Working with a project-based team, your work will focus on auditing the Government of Alberta’s financial statements in accordance with applicable professional standards and audit methodology. You may also have the opportunity to audit the management control systems and processes government uses to deliver programs and services to Albertans.
Your responsibilities will include executing the day-to-day activities of audit engagements (from planning through to completion), identifying and communicating accounting and auditing matters to managers, identifying performance improvement opportunities through your work, interacting with entities and coaching and supervising team members.
This position requires a team player with strong technical accounting, critical thinking and communications skills.
Qualifications - University degree
- At a minimum, have completed one CPA elective allowing for the right to practice public accounting (Tax and Assurance electives)
- Minimum eighteen months of demonstrated relevant audit experience
- Demonstrated abilities in documentation and evaluation of internal controls
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications
Skills and experience which would be considered assets:
- Audit experience in public accounting
- Government operations experience at the municipal, provincial or federal level
- Application of Canadian public sector accounting standards
Compensation Plan includes:
A market competitive salary starting at $61,605
Comprehensive benefits plan: 1st choice Benefits Handbook
CPA Support - paid module fees, laptop allowance, paid study leave for candidates in intermediate role
- Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security clearance.
- Travel within Alberta is required
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
How to Apply
Online applications https://www.jobs.alberta.ca are preferred. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and résumé are submitted as one file. Ensure you quote the competition number and which position you are applying for. Save your document using the naming convention of your first then last name (i.e., Joe Smith_competition number). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your résumé, please mail a copy, quoting the Job ID, to: Human Resources, Office of the Auditor General of Alberta, 8th Floor, 9925 – 109 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, T5K 2J8. If you require any further information on this job posting, please call 780.422.6417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applicants with educational credentials obtained outside of Canada must obtain an evaluation of their credentials from CPA Alberta. These applicants must include the assessment document from CPA Alberta in their application package.