General Statement of Duties:
- Major duties include overseeing the preparation of financial and management reports, coordinating budget and financial records and overseeing administration of credit policy. The Spectrum Controller will be responsible for providing timely and accurate information to divisional and corporate management, including financial and business analysis and other financial reports.
Summary of Duties (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Manage Spectrum accounting operations (journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, job costing, reporting);
- Oversee compliance with internal controls and relevant corporate policies;
- Manage the preparation of Spectrum budgets and forecasts;
- Oversee preparation and filing of GST, payroll and other remittances;
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual results;
- Analyze and report on variances to budget;
- Collaborate with management to define, assess, implement and improve controls and processes;
- Implement and maintain internal controls relating to financial policies, processes and procedures;
- Establish and manage execution of accounting department priorities;
- Authorize purchase orders and payments (cheques and wires);
- Oversee collection of overdue accounts receivable;
- Oversee day to day banking;
- Hiring, training, mentoring, supervising and disciplining accounting staff;
- Other duties as may be reasonable directed from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of accounting and financial management;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel, Dynamics SL;
- Proven and effective management skills and experience, with the demonstrated ability to motivate and manage a team;
- Self-motivated team player, requiring little supervision, who possesses strong problem solving and time management skills;
- Committed to providing exceptional internal and external customer service.
Education and Experience:
- CA, CGA, or CMA designation or currently enrolled in an accounting designation program;
- 3 to 5 years of recent experience working in a similar role, preferably in a manufacturing business.