Manager of Financial Services
The Manager of Financial SERVICES coordinates the budget process, oversees the utility, accounts payable, funding and capital coordination and financial system administration within the Finance department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinates the development, preparation, distribution and maintenance of operating and capital budgets.
- Oversees the Utility functions within the Finance department.
- Oversees the Accounts Payable and Funding and Capital Coordinator positions within the organization.
- Prepares Internal and External Financial Reporting.
- Supervises staff in the function areas of responsibility.
- Oversees the financial system administration for the department.
- Provides Finance support to all departments in the organization as needed.
- Drafts, recommends and reviews Finance policies, procedures and council reports.
- Provides back-up and support to other Finance Department Manager and Director as required.
- Adheres to guidelines as set out in the Human Resource Policy Manual.
- Participates in the County Health, Safety, and Wellness Program as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
The education required for this position is a professional accounting designation (CPA Chartered Professional Accountant)) combined with a minimum of five (5) years experience in a municipal setting. Strong management, budgetary and financial reporting skills, and supervisory experience are required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and financial accounting software are required, along with strong interpersonal and communications skills and the demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
To apply online, please see our website, before January 16, 2018.