- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full-time
About the role…
We are looking for an office manager with experience in managing a team and providing flexible duties. We are a smaller company of 15 employees and several subcontractors. This role offers very meaningful and interesting work including direct training and oversight of junior accounting clerks and directly working alongside project managers and the shareholders in developing and maintaining efficient business practices. This role must be flexible and take on a multitude of duties, reporting directly to the shareholders.
Responsibilities of the job include…
- Provide thoughtful support and advice on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis and reporting
- Oversee all accounting functions including; accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, banking, general ledger reporting and tax compliance
- In-depth analysis of costing of various projects and assistance with establishing customer pricing
- Coordinate the year-end review and preparation of financial statements; work with external auditors, CRA and government agencies as required
- Prepare other monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all requirements are met
- Budgeting, forecasting and support of operational planning processes
- Mentor and supervise accounting staff and provide assistance during their absenses
- Review and implementation of a new accounting and rental software system
- Advertise and interview potential candidates for various positons in the company
- Assist with advertising campaigns
- You have a post-secondary business/accounting degree
- Solid understanding of the industrial or oil and gas industries
- You have advanced skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Excel and Office suite and are able to adapt to and learn new software.
- You have experience in financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning
- Strong management skills
- You bring excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving and organizational skills to the company.
Job Type: Full-time, salary to be determined by experience, full benefit package
- Leduc, Ab.