Reporting to the Manager Consolidation & Systems, you will:
- Prepare consolidations for the ATCO Group;
- Prepare Financial Statements and notes, Management’s Discussion & Analysis, Annual Reports and other statutory disclosures for three public companies;
- Prepares stand alone financial statements and notes for various ATCO Group Canadian and foreign companies under international financial reporting standards;
- Assist in the preparation of management reports;
- Participate in special accounting projects; assist in the implementation of new standards or changes to existing standards.
- Participate in upgrades, new system implementations, and training of the consolidation system.
To qualify for the position, you will:
- Have a professional designation and have at least five years of post-qualification experience along with prior accounting experience.
- Have a previous complex consolidation experience (non-controlling interest calculation, equity accounting for joint venture and proportional consolidation, rate regulated accounting, consolidation in multiple currency).
- Possess a working knowledge of IFRS and be able to research accounting issues.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and communication skills.
- Excel at verbal and written communication and be able to present identified problems and facilitate problem resolution.
- Relates well to people at all levels, and is able to work effectively in a team environment
- Is highly organized and meets tight deadlines with minimal direct supervision
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Has advanced knowledge of MS Office applications and experience working with a consolidation system, preferably Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
Advancement into line positions in all ATCO Group companies is a possibility.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to ATCO Careers www.atco.com/Careers/ on or before Friday, March 09, 2018.