Vertex is currently accepting applications for one full-time, permanent Controller. The successful candidate must have relevant accounting and industry experience with a demonstrated eye for detail. The Controller is directly responsible for providing financial and operational expertise, leadership and support to the VP - Corporate Services. This position will be mainly responsible for playing a key role in overseeing all reporting and financial functions related to Vertex, including supervisory responsibility of accounting staff, support of various directives, and process improvement opportunities.
- BA in Business, or relevant post-secondary education;
- Must have designation or working towards designation (eg: CA,CGA, CMA, or CPA);
- 5-7 years as a Controller with supervisory experience;
- Solid understanding of construction and oil and gas industries;
- Strong knowledge in financial, operational and cost reporting and analysis;
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and business process;
- Strongly proficient with Accounting software and MSO, especially in Word and Excel;
- Proficient in asset utilization and a key driver of process improvement;
- Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal;
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Highly organized and self-motivated;
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain strong relationships and vendors, agencies and various internal stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Assist in the delivery of accurate and timely financial and operational reports;
- Responsible for month end, journal entries, reconciliations and financial statement preparation;
- Provide business analysis form data converted to information that allows key stakeholders to make strategic business decisions;
- Assist with the year-end audit process;
- Oversee of monthly project accounting costing details and reporting;
- Budgeting, forecasting and support of operational planning processes;
- Improvement initiatives around internal systems processes and controls in order to streamline and reduce inefficiencies of financial processes;
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of internal controls to ensure consistency of policies and procedures;
- Facilitate the development of direct and indirect reports through the provision of continues coaching and mentoring;
- Other related responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
- When applying for this position please submit resume and cover letter; outlining relevant skills and experiences, stating Job # 004-32 and salary expectations.
- Email to: email@example.com
- Position start date: ASAP