Manager, Budget & Financial Reporting
Parkland County has permanent, full-time positions available within the Budget & Financial Reporting Department. Under the direction of the Director, Budget & Financial Reporting, these positions are responsible for all aspects of financial reporting and budget preparation within their assigned division. This also includes the year end and audit process, as well as overseeing accounts payable, inventory and capital asset management. The Manager, Budget & Financial Reporting acts as a business partner to their assigned division and is also responsible for all aspects of staff management for their direct report. In addition to excellent oral and written communication skills, this position requires a high level of interpersonal skill and diplomacy to interact with a variety of senior internal and external personnel.
- Post-secondary education in commerce/finance such as a Bachelor of Commerce degree or an Accounting Diploma from a recognized institute of technology or college, with a Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a progressively senior level, related position. Direct supervision of staff is required. Experience in a public sector organization is preferred.
- Experience in the areas of Public Sector Accounting Standards, the Municipal Government Act, financial reporting, and forecasting processes and techniques.
- Proficiency with computers, specifically with Microsoft Office (expert knowledge of Excel), and the ability to quickly learn new financial software.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Rate of Pay: Competitive salary to be commensurate with education and experience.
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Friday, June 1, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
Number of Vacancies: 3 Permanent, Full-time Positions
- Interested candidates are invited to apply on our website at https://www.parklandcounty.com
- Parkland County has a nepotism policy in effect which limits the consideration of employees’ relatives for employment. Please contact Human Resources for further information on this policy (including the definition of a relative under this policy).
- For further information on our organization, please visit www.parklandcounty.com
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and will be used for Parkland County employment opportunities only. The personal information that you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.