Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Finance Officer will play a key role in the financial administration of both municipalities each having operating budgets of over $5M.
This is an excellent career opportunity to provide leadership in shaping the financial administration to meet the needs of the two municipal governments and be a part of the growth and development of the community lifestyle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct all accounting functions for the municipalities including compliance with applicable legislation and reporting requirements.
- Act as primary liaison with external auditors.
- Oversee and prepare the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Manage reserve accounts and bank debt portfolios.
- Oversee and prepare tax and assessment rolls, tax notices and school and municipal hail statements.
- Manage municipal tangible capital assets.
- Research external funding sources and prepare applications for project assistance.
- Manage project funding and payment of expenditures.
Education and Qualifications:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or in the process of attaining a designation as a registered student member in good standing with an accounting organization.
- Post-secondary education, with preference to business degree (bachelor or applied).
- Knowledge of accounting applications, GAAP and public sector accounting standards.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics GP/Diamond software or a proven aptitude working with IT software systems.
- Ability to prepare financial statements and reports with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work with management and support staff and Council members.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.