FCL invites applications for the position of Corporate Accounting Manager in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Corporate Accounting Manager leads a team of corporate accounting supervisors to meet the day to day requirements of accounting for FCL business units, manage the impact on Retails, and maintain vendor payments and relationships. Including identifying and monitoring bottlenecks in our processes and providing dynamic solutions to deal with issues on a timely basis.
They work collaboratively on projects with the financial system teams, other business units, project managers, and consultants in developing and implementing innovative technology solutions to improve operational efficiencies, financial reporting and business analytics for the benefit of FCL and the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS). They act as the Controls & Reporting representative on these systems for which there is a financial impact.
The Corporate Accounting Manager also develops and supports innovative best practices for achieving business process improvement initiatives and maximum benefit from current and future technology solutions.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Manage, direct, and lead a team of experienced professionals in the execution of all activities associated with corporate accounting and business unit invoice processing and payment requirements. This requires strong leadership and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work with key stakeholders from all areas of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS). Responsible for ensuring cross-functional teams follow established policies and best practices.
- Guide the analysis and documentation of current business processes in legacy systems in order to lead the identification, evaluation, and implementation of financial system requirements that will improve operational efficiencies, financial reporting and business analytics for the benefit of FCL and the CRS.
- In consultation with subject matter experts, give leadership to defining and documenting desired future state business processes. Make recommendations for alternative business processes if the solution cannot meet current business process requirements or where an opportunity is identified for an improved process. Propose recommendations, standards and best practices, understanding how changes will impact FCL and the retails. Ensure information is communicated throughout the CRS to ensure that all parties are aware of changes or updates that impact their areas.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other business units in the identification and anticipation of financial systems, policies and procedures. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to ensure clear, concise, and effective communication surrounding all key initiatives. A high level interpersonal skill and political savvy is required to ensure successful collaboration among the many members of the cross-functional teams this person must lead.
- Lead the Controls & Reporting team in defining project parameters and recognizing opportunities that will improve business processes and increase efficiencies across various systems that have an impact on corporate accounting and financial reporting. Work with all stakeholders to maximize utilization of our new practices and systems, through change management, communication, testing and training plans.
- Identify new and emerging system trends and risks to FCL and the CRS, and, through working with stakeholders and the Controls & Reporting management team, provide recommendations to assist business units in implementing changes and developing appropriate strategies for training, communications and change management.
- Maintain current knowledge of system changes and upgrades that could affect our business processes and financial/analytical reporting across the CRS.
- Support the user groups preparing the budget inputs. Assist in the preparation of the consolidated budget board statements. Be a key resource in supporting FCL’s budget system including supporting users that have questions about how to use the system and become one of the budget system’s administrators.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce with preference to Accounting major and broad business acumen with 7-9 years of accounting experience. Knowledge of technical financial systems will be considered an asset. Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and communication skills are required. Professional accounting designation is required.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
May 29 2018