Senior Manager, Regulatory
EPCOR is targeting unprecedented growth and the Commercial Services team is the engine driving that growth! As part of EPCOR’s continued growth strategy, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Regulatory to join our team in Ontario.
EPCOR has one (1) permanent full-time position available!
The Senior Manager, Regulatory is accountable for managing, coordinating, developing and filing Regulatory applications intended to secure approvals for revenue requirements, as well as the implementation of all components of regulatory applications intended to acquire build, expand or operate regulated facilities in Ontario.
The Senior Manager, Regulatory is accountable to the Director, Commercial Services and will work closely with the Vice President, Ontario Region.
The accountabilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, developing and writing of Rate Applications for regulated businesses in the Ontario region.
- Ensuring Minimum Ontario Filing Requirements are complete, accurate and defendable e.g. (Gas QRAM, Cap & Trade Compliance).
- Managing, executing and defending facility applications and permits necessary to acquire, build, or expand electric transmission/distribution, water processing and water/wastewater facilities.
- Advising Commercial Services on application strategies including timing, and incentive nature of applications and necessary modules.
- Directing, coordinating and overseeing the Ontario regulatory project and processes.
- Ensuring the highest degree of accuracy, effectiveness and timeliness in all regulatory filings and applications submitted to the respective Provincial regulatory authorities.
- Maintaining a professional and positive working relationship with the relevant external stakeholders (Ontario Energy Board, IESO, Green Ontario Fund and relevant Provincial Ministries) while persistently representing the Company’s best interests in meetings and as a witness testifying at hearings.
- Identifying and advising on strategy regarding policy changes in Ontario energy markets.
- Ensuring business plans and deliverables of direct report positions are aligned and integrated and include performance expectations and deliverable metrics.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an appropriate organization design, which includes vertical and functional position alignment, clarity of accountabilities and authorities, matching tasks to positions and managerial leadership practices.
- Ensuring compliance with all local, provincial and federal regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of post-secondary degree in Engineering, Economics, Accounting or Business. A Master’s degree would be considered an asset.
8+ years’ experience in regulatory management, including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the utility industry.
Strong grasp of the Ontario utility/reliable energy sector including future trends.
Previous experience working with stakeholders at the AUC (Alberta Utility Commission) would be an asset.
Understanding of, and ability to, apply Canadian GAAP and IFRS and accounting principles in accordance with EPCOR policies and standards.
Ability to assess effectiveness of internal controls over regulatory reporting processes and implement improvements as needed.
Advanced problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
As our best candidate, you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate strong interpersonal and project management skills. You are highly analytical with the ability to provide sound advice and have a keen attention to detail. You are a strong communicator and leader; you effectively engage team members in working towards a shared vision, and prioritize effectively. Your ability to ensure supportive and collaborative relationships between EPCOR and external stakeholders is demonstrated, as is the ability to ensure responsiveness to stakeholder needs while protecting company interests.
Hours of work: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
Commencing with your first day of employment as a permanent EPCOR employee you will enjoy a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- One Friday off per month
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- EPCOR Savings Plan with company matched contributions
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in a career with EPCOR. Due to the large volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
EPCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, suitability and, where appropriate, seniority.
EPCOR only accepts resumes via on-line application at www.epcor.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered.
For more information on this exciting career opportunity and to apply, please refer to IRC40952 on the EPCOR Career Website: www.epcor.com/careers.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018