Universal Geomatics Solutions Corp. is seeking a Controller to join our team in Edmonton.
The Controller will be responsible for managing the overall financial operations of Universal Geomatics Solutions Corp. and will provide accurate information to the Board of Directors, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports.
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Hire, train, mentor, and supervisor accounting staff.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly and annual operating results for each department.
- Work with operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making.
- Work with external accountants and Board of Directors.
- Work with marketing team on product pricing, costing and margins.
- Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure all employees are following the proper safety protocol and held accountable for all aspects of the safety program.
- Maintain company standards and other associated work instruction documents in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Perform other duties as required.
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation required.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in corporate accounting and fiscal management.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant federal, provincial, and local requirements regarding financial records.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational, and problem solving skills are essential.
- Experience overseeing reviews performed by an external accountant.
- Knowledge and implementation of ERP computer systems considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Sage, MS Office, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Management, supervisory, and leadership skills.
- Outstanding work environment that fosters safety, encourages teamwork, and challenging work opportunities.
- Career and personal development opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package, employee assistance program, and RRSP matching.