Location: New Horizon Co-op @ Grande Prairie
The Accountant is a succession planning position to grow into the Controller position. The Accountant supports the Controller, Senior Leadership and Administrative Team. Some of the job duties will include:
- Reviewing financial statement fluctuations and researching significant variances.
- Ensuring balance sheet accounts are fairly stated, liability accounts are adequately reserved and reconciling items are properly supported and cleared in a timely manner.
- Reviewing month-end closing processes and procedures to shorten deadlines.
- Developing and implementing sound accounting policies, practices and internal control systems.
- Managing annual and project audits ensuring financial statements, working papers and documents meet audit requirements.
- Ensure the companies’ working capital position is managed and maximized through appropriate accounts receivable billing and accounts payable policies and processes.
- Ensure that a proper system to collect information about daily cash inflows and outflows is in place and appropriately monitored.
- Review & analyze financial proposals and contracts.
- Assisting with budget processes at retail
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in accounting with an accounting designation (CA, CPA, CMA, CGA), or be working towards completion of your designation.
- College diploma in Accounting, Commerce or Business
- Minimum of two years of Accounting experience
- Flexible Schedule
- Management skills
- Able to work independently or in a group
- Familiarity with an office environment and practical working knowledge of daily operations
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Word and Excel.
Reports to: Controller